How much attention do you give your oven? The oven plays an essential task in the kitchen; ensuring that your stomach is well taken care of whenever it yearns for something cooked. It is only natural that the oven will also get some attention and care too, so as, to continuously serve you health food and to serve longer and better.
There is no rule that dictates when and how often your oven should be cleaned; however, three to six months cleaning routine is considered an ideal cleaning period. The question then is, how can you always keep the oven clean even before the next significant cleaning schedule?
There are, basically, three standard types of oven, the Regular, the Self-cleaning, the Textured ovens. Now, whether you use a self-cleaning oven, a regular one or the textured oven, there are steps you need to take to ensure that the oven is always kept clean because a clean oven is a cooking delight any day and every day.
5 tips to keep your oven looking clean and evergreen
- Run the auto-clean regularly. If you own a self-cleaning oven, you can turn on the auto-cleaning. What this does is to increase the heat to about 800 degrees Fahrenheit (427 degrees Celsius), a point where food, grease and spills left inside the oven are burnt into ashes and then wiped out once the oven becomes cool.
- Let the oven stay clean while you cook. This is by far the best way to keep your oven clean that is by ensuring that the oven does not get dirty in the first place. To do this, you simply line the lower rack with a sheet of aluminum foil to catch spills as they drop.
- Get the spills off as they drop. Whenever you notice a spill on your oven while cooking, simply toss in some salt and when you are done with the cooking, allow to cool and then use a scouring pad with some washing liquid to clean the spill off.
- Mind the Chemical. If you own a textured oven, you must avoid the temptation use high concentrate solutions and abrasive scrubber on the oven, because they could destroy the porcelain layer, which is meant to help keep the oven clean. However, you must regularly clean by hand the regular oven, which lacks these cleaning features.
- Vapor and Clean off. Fill a heat-resistant bowl with water and place it in the oven as soon as you are done cooking with it and then heat up for 20 to 30 minutes, at a high temperature. The goal of this is to loosen all the grease and baked food. When it cools to level that your hand can get into, you should use a damp cloth or towel to wipe the interior surface.
With the above tips religiously followed, you are sure to not have a need to do a major cleaning of your oven often, and you could be sure to always having it stay clean.